- 9-inch pastry shell, unbaked, chilled
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 6 cups peeled, sliced cooking apples
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- Combine flour, brown sugar, salt, and butter; blend until crumbly then set aside.
- Combine apples, granulated sugar, and cinnamon; mix gently to coat apple slices.
- Pack apple mixture into chilled crust. Sprinkle crumb topping over apples.
- Bake at 375 degrees farenheit until apples are tender, about 50 minutes.
Thats it, easy as pie right! This apple pie tastes great with vanilla ice cream.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe, leave a comment if you liked this recipe or have anything to add to it!