- 1 Nine inch pastry shell
- 1 pk (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup Butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 4 Tart apple’s; peeled and sliceded
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp All-purpose flour(up to 2)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Caramel ice cream topping
- Whipped topping
- 1/2 cup Chopped pecans
- Bake pastry shell for 10 – 15 minutes until firm, but do not prick. Cool.
- In a large skillet over Medium heat, melt butter and brown sugar. Stir in apples and 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice; simmer for 12-15 minutes, stirring frequently or until tender. Stir in flour; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Drizzle caramel topping over pastry shell; sprinkle with pecans. Spoon apple mixture over pecans; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, egg, lemon juice and vanilla; beat until smooth. Pour over apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees farenheit for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the cream cheese layer comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Chill thoroughly.
Serve by topping with dollops of whipped topping and sprinkle with remaining pumpkin pie spice. Yield: 8 servings.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe, leave a comment if you liked this recipe or have anything to add to it!