- 2 prepared pie crusts (for bottom and top)
- 5 large Golden Delicious apples
- 1 large lemon
- 1/2 cup dark seedless raisins
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tsp water
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel, core and thinly slice apples; toss with lemon juice. Add raisins, vanilla extract, cinnamon, cranberries, sugar and flour to apples.
- Put apple mixture in pie shell; cover with top crust. Mix egg and water; brush over top of pie; sprinkle with sugar. Place sheet of foil underneath pie plate; crimp edges to form rim to catch any drips during baking. Cover pie loosely with a tent of foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil from top of pie; bake 30 minutes longer or until apples are tender and crust is nicely browned.
Cool pie slightly on wire rack to serve warm or cool pie completely to serve later.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe, leave a comment if you liked this recipe or have anything to add to it!