- 3 cups of tart apples, peeled and sliced (I use Granny Smith)
- 3/4 cup of butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup of quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 3 tbsp. of cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups of water
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- First you want to add flour, brown sugar, butter and the oats.
- You will want to save 1 c. aside for topping.
- Now you need to use your fingers to press crumb mixture into a pie shell.
- Next you want to take a pan and add sugar, cornstarch, and the water and bring to a boil.
- Now let this cook for about 1 min(stir). Let this thicken.
- The next you do is to reomove flame and add in the apples ad vanilla.
- Next you can pour the apple mixture into your crust.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture you set aside.
- Now bake at 350 degrees for approx. 45 min.
- Let crust get golden.
- Serve hot or cold.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe, leave a comment if you liked this recipe or have anything to add to it!