INGREDIENTS – TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup (70 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup (55 grams) light brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fresh or ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp(84 grams) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup (30 grams) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) chopped walnuts or pecans
INGREDIENTS – FILLING:
- 2 1/2 pounds (1.2 kg) or 6 cups peeled and sliced Granny Smith Apples or other firm, tart-tasting apple
- 1 cup fresh blackberries or raspberries (optional)
- Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- 1 – 2 tbsp (12 – 25 grams) light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and place rack in the center of the oven.
- Butter or spray with a cooking spray a 9 inch (23 cm) deep dish pie plate or an 8 x 8 x 2 inch (20 x 20 x 5 cm) baking dish. (Can also make 8 individual ramekins.) Set aside.
- For Topping, place all the topping ingredients (flour, sugars, spices, butter, oats and nuts) in a food processor and process until the mixture is crumbly (looks like coarse meal) and there are no large pieces of butter visible. (This can also be done with two knives or your fingertips) Set aside while you prepare the filling.
- For Filling: Peel, core, and slice the apples into 1/4 inch (.7 cm) thick pieces. Place in a large bowl, along with the berries and lemon zest (if using), and add the brown sugar. Gently combine and then transfer to your prepared baking dish¬† Spread the topping evenly over the apples.
- Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes (20 – 25 minutes for individual ramekins) or until the topping is golden brown. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 30 minutes before serving.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe, leave a comment if you liked this recipe or have anything to add to it!
14 thoughts on “Apple Crisp Recipe”
Quite interesting, well I just wanted some songs and got your blog. Thanks for this one mate 😉 I just loved it. An additional comment or feedback which I would like to give is that this theme is quite boring and you need to work on it but everything else I fine.
Hey, this blog is really happening! It took me quite a while to read through all the comments. I appreciate the idea of tweeting the post so that more readers find it!
Your post was amazing! :] I am going to check this blog frequently. Hope you put up new content soon!!
I just sent this article into a bunch of my close friends as I concur with a lot of what you?ˉre declaring right here in addition to the way you?ˉve offered it really is spectacular.
I am actually thankful to the owner of this web page who has shared this impressive post at here.
I am genuinely thankful to the owner of this web page who has shared this fantastic paragraph at at this place.
I am truly grateful to the owner of this website who has shared this wonderful piece of writing at here.
Hold ’em coming… you all do these a wonderful position at this kind of Concepts… cannot tell you how significantly I, for one particular appreciate all you do!
Thank You For This Post, was added to my bookmarks.
hi!,I love your writing very much! share we be in contact extra about your post on AOL? I need an expert in this area to solve my problem. May be that’s you! Having a look forward to peer you.